måndag 30 november 2009

Brain parasites & nervousness.

When I was a kid, maybe 7-8 years old, the X-files aired around 1 am when my relatives had generally gone to bed. And every fucking episode I was utterly convinced that whatever happened in the most recent episode was going to happen to me the very same moment I placed my head on my Lion King pillow. Which resulted in me being scared (even though I prefer the expression "respectfully cautious", I don't see myself as a scaredy-cat) of everything from spontaneously bursting into flames to... well, obviously aliens and poltergeists.
And goddammit, I apparently haven't learned a thing, cause now when I'm rewatching season 1 I'm so nervous about a parasite in my hypothalamus.
This could of course only mean one thing; The X-files is like the only show that hasn't disappointed me over a decade after my first encounter. I love it!

Inga kommentarer: